Virginia Commonwealth University Student Press Article!

From the article:

“This will relieve a lot of pressure on the regular system because it’s based in the Cloud. It’ll really speed things up and take all the pressure off our internal servers. Then, since there are more things available, it will be more convenient for students to take those 15 credits, and be able to get out of here in four years,” Schultheis added.

The program falls in line with VCU’s “Do the math 15/4” campaign launched earlier this semester, which encourages students to take a 15 credits each semester to graduate in four years.

Schultheis said an advertising campaign for the program is planned for fall 2014 registration. The campaign will feature emails, web presence, tutorials, links and ad space devoted to making sure students are aware and able to use the program.

Katie Forsythe, a forensic science major, used the program during Honor’s College registration.

“It’s great that VCU has made this program available to students,” Forsythe said. “The program allows you to actually see all the options for how your days could be laid out instead of just seeing which sections of a class are available.”

Jada Carpenter, a communication arts major, said she agreed enrollment was much easier with the program.

“This definitely relieved a lot of stress with registration,” Carpenter said. “I wish the school had advertised it a little more, or that advisers were a little more knowledgeable about the system because it’s definitely a really useful tool. It ran smoothly and I was done with signing up for classes in under ten minutes.”

See the full article here:

http://www.commonwealthtimes.org/2013/11/18/program-helps-students-manage-registration-woes/